Changes to this Policy. We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. In the event we make material changes to the Policy, we will provide notice through the Site. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site and will apply to your use of the Site after the “effective date” listed above.
You understand and agree that your continued use of the Site after the effective date means that the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information is subject to the updated Policy.
Except to the extent we receive your authorization or as permitted or required by applicable law, we will handle your data in accordance with the terms of the Policy in effect at the time of the collection.
Information We Collect. We may collect personal information that you provide directly to us, such as information you submit when you visit the Site. We may also collect information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as information collected from your browser or device. We use this information to operate the Site, carry out our business, comply with laws and for other purposes described herein.
You do not have to provide the above information to access or use the other sections of the Site.
Statistical Data: To monitor utilization of the Site and continuously improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning the usage of the Site using analytics services, such as those provide by [Google Analytics]. Examples of this information would include: the number of visitors to the Site, or to sections or pages within the Site, patterns of traffic flowing through the Site, length of time spent on the Site, or in sections or pages of the Site, the other sites that refer visitors to the Site, the pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site, methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our customer service number, and location information. The analytics services may transfer this information to third parties in case of a legal obligation or if a third-party processes data on behalf of that service.
To compile this information, we may collect and store:
o Your IP address
o Your operating system and platform
o Your browser type and version
o Time zone setting
o Browser plug-in types and versions
o The pages you visit within the Site
o Data provider
o The length of time you spend on pages within the Site
o The site from which you linked to ours
o Search terms you used in search engines that resulted in you linking to the Site, etc.
While all of this information can be associated with the IP address your computer had while you visited the Site, it will not be associated with you as an individual, or associated with any other information you may submit through the Site, or that we may store about you for any other purposes. We may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
Cookies and Similar Technology
We use essential cookies on our website to make the Site function and analytics cookies to understand how you use the Site, improve its functionality and for other related purposes. We also use advertising/marketing cookies on the Site to help us with our marketing activities.
b) Embedded Content and Social Media Widgets
c) Controlling cookies
IMPORTANT: By using the Site, you consent to the processing of any personal information for the analytics purposes and functions described above.
Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, because our Site is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests.
We do not track Site users over time and across third party websites.
How We Use Your Personal Information
In general, we will use the personal information we collect only for the purpose it was collected, for compatible purposes, as permitted or required by law, as necessary to carry out our contractual duties and obligations, and as otherwise provided in this Policy. For example, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
• To enable your use of the Site.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us such as quotes or samples.
• To communicate with you, including sending messages about the availability of our Site, security, or other service-related issues. (You may change your communication preferences at any time. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.)
• For other everyday business purposes such as product development, contract management, IT and website administration and security, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
• To engage in marketing and advertising activities.
• To communicate with you in social media concerning our products and services.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights including those arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, payment, and collections.
• To review, improve, and monitor our website, applications, online services, and overall client experience, including to provide customization to meet the specific needs, ensure a consistent experience, and to assess trends, interests, and the demands of clients.
• To provide customer service and engage in quality control activities concerning our products and services.
• For testing, research, analytics and product and service development.
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, governmental regulations, or other lawful processes; for public safety purposes.
• To process applications for employment, as well as to evaluate and improve our recruiting efforts.
• As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, security, and safety of us, our employees, our consumers, our information systems, and the public.
• To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We do not share your personal data with any third-party advertisers for their advertising.
Disclosure of Information. In general, we will not disclose your personal information except with your consent and as described in this Policy. We may disclose your data for the same reasons that we may use it as described in this Policy, which includes disclosing it to our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties, as we deem necessary to carry out those purposes.
• Third Party Vendors. We may need to use or disclose this information with a member of our group partners or third-party vendors as follows:
o With your consent or as you direct;
o To manage the Site;
o To improve and optimize our Site;
o For cloud storage;
o For the performance of obligations arising from any contract we enter into with you;
o To process payments and requests for products and services;
o To provide you with products, services, offers, promotions, news, etc.;
o To engage in marketing activities, such as sharing personal information with our partners to deliver advertisements to our shared customers;
o To enhance our services by, among other methods, obtaining assistance with providing more personalized services to you through analytics and other technologies (including, but not limited to, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing);
o To protect our interests and legal rights, such as through responding to subpoenas and defending litigation; and
o To protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), and claims and other liabilities.
We endeavor to choose affiliates and non-affiliates with similar standards to ours regarding the protection of data.
• Sale representatives and distributors.
• Legal Process, Security, Defense, Protection. It is possible that we may need to disclose information about you if required by law, subpoena, or other legal process.
• Additional disclosures. We may disclose information about you if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
o demonstrate our relationship with you;
o investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist law enforcement agencies;
o protect the security or integrity of the Site;
o protect against or investigate fraud;
o investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party allegations or claims; or
o protect the rights and safety of others.
• Change in Control or Sale. We can share, sell, assign, or license your personal data in connection with certain business transactions, such as a sale, acquisitions, merger, or change in control, or in preparation for any of these events. In such cases, we will take appropriate steps under the circumstances and to the extent possible to ensure that the recipient agrees to provide privacy protections substantially similar to those established by this Policy. Any entity that acquires all or substantially all of the Company’s assets will have the right to continue using your data consistent with this Policy or as otherwise agreed to by you.
In no case will we sell or license your data to third parties, except as set forth above or as required or permitted by law.
Safeguarding of Information
We employ reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures designed to protect the security of personal information we collect from you. However, no system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100% secure and although we have taken steps to protect your personal information from being intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You can always limit the information you provide to us, but if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services, offers, and content on the Site.
Links to Third Parties’ Sites and Third-Party Integrations
We may provide links to websites or resources outside of our Site for your informational purposes only. We may also provide links to third party integrations. Third party integrations are websites or platforms that synchronize with our Site to provide you with additional functionality, tools, or services such as maps, sending requested information, etc.
You acknowledge and agree we are not responsible for the availability of third party sites, resources, or integrations and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, goods, services or other materials on, available through, or provided by such sites, resources, or integrations. We are not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites and cannot guarantee the security of personal information that you provide, or is collected by, such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
Information on Children
The Site is not directed to children as the products and services on this Site are intended for persons 13 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any personal information from children. If we learn that personal information of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been collected through our Site, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Where We Store Your Personal Data.
We generally store the personal information that you provide to us on third party servers, believed to be located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your personal information is submitted through our Site, it may be transferred to our servers in the United States which may not have similar data protection laws to the country in which you reside.
1. “Shine the Light Law”
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by certain members of the Company to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Requests may be made one time per calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy.
2. “Eraser Law”
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California law permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
3. California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA’”) Addendum
This CA Addendum supplements and amends the information contained in the Site Policy with respect to California residents. Any terms defined within the CCPA have the same meaning when utilized within this CA Addendum. The other provisions of the Site Policy continue to apply except as modified in this CA Addendum.
This CA Addendum does not apply to personal information we collect about you as a job applicant to, an employee of, owner of, director of, officer of, or contractor of the Company. This CA Addendum also does not apply to personal information we collect about you as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, non-profit, or government agency when your communications or transactions with the Company occur solely within the context of the Company conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from, such company, partnership, sole proprietorship, non-profit, or government agency.
IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS CA ADDENDUM, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH SUCH INFORMATION.
A. Personal Information We Collect
As described below, we may collect or have collected in the preceding 12 months the following categories of personal information (“PI” or “personal information”). We may add to the categories of PI we collect and the purpose we use PI. In that case, we will inform you by posting an updated version of this CA Addendum on the Site.
1. Identifiers. Examples include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers.
2. Other elements. Examples include name, signature, characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number.
3. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law. Examples include race, religion, and age.
4. Commercial information. This includes services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
5. Education information. This includes information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
6. Internet or other electronic network activity. Examples include browsing history, search history, a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
7. Geolocation data. This might include location information while using one of our apps.
8. Professional or employment-related information.
9. Consumer profile. This includes inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, and behaviors.
PI does not include:
1. Publicly available information from government records.
2. Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
3. Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as certain health or medical information and other categories of information protected by different laws.
B. Purposes for Which We Collect Your Personal Information
We have collected your PI for the following business or commercial purposes. We may change or add to the purposes we collect PI. In that case, we will inform you and obtain your consent when required by law.
1. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
2. To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you place an order with us, we will collect your address for delivery/shipping purposes or to fulfill our tax collection and reporting obligations.
3. To contact you and/or provide you with email alerts and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
4. To engage in marketing activities, including to help design products and services appropriate for our clients.
5. To communicate with you in social media concerning our products and services.
6. To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights including those arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, payment, and collections.
7. To review, improve, and monitor our website, applications, online services, and overall client experience, including to provide customization to meet the specific needs, ensure a consistent experience, and to assess trends, interests, and the demands of clients.
8. To provide customer service and engage in quality control activities concerning our products and services.
9. For testing, research, analysis and product and service development.
10. To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, governmental regulations, or other lawful processes.
11. As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
12. To process applications for employment, as well as to evaluate and improve our recruiting efforts.
13. As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, security, and safety of us, our employees, our consumers, our information systems, and the public.
14. To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
C. Sources of Personal Information
• You. We may collect personal information from you when you contact us, place an order, schedule an event, register, participate in a contest, promotion, or survey, or apply or inquire about employment; or through web technologies such as browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons set when you visit the Site.
• News outlets
• Social media and related services
• Third Parties. We may collect information about you from third parties such as from your employer, through your social media services consistent with your settings on such services, or from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your data with us.
D. Sharing or Disclosing Personal Information
Of the categories of PI noted above, during the past 12 months, we shared the following:
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed Categories of Third Parties to Whom Disclosed
Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
Internet or other electronic network activity.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Professional or employment-related information
• Third parties as directed by you. We will share your PI with those third parties to whom you direct.
• Our business partners. For example, we might share your PI with one of our business partners for purposes of collaborating on providing services to you, or to invite you to an event we are organizing. These business partners should also have their own privacy statements that set out the manner in which they will collect, use, and disclose PI. Where applicable, we encourage you to review each such business partner’s privacy statement before signing on with them.
• Third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with certain service providers, including marketing companies, professional service providers, debt collectors, information technology providers, and data storage companies. We might also authorize our service providers to collect PI on our behalf.
• Governmental entities, legal service providers. We may share your PI in order to comply with the law and in the course of providing our products and services. We may also disclose information if a government agency or investigatory body submits a request.
• Successors to all or portions of our business. If all or part of our business is sold, we may disclose PI in preparation for or as part of that transaction.
We do not have actual knowledge that we have sold personal information of minors under age 16.
E. Consumer Rights
The CCPA provides California consumers with the following rights, subject to certain exceptions:
1. Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that Insomnia delete your PI from the it’s records, subject to certain exceptions.
Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request (see below), and as required by the CCPA, we will delete and direct any service providers to delete your PI from its records.
The Company is not required to comply with your request to delete your PI if it is necessary for the Company (or its service provider) to maintain your PI in order to:
a) Complete the transaction for which the PI was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of the Company’s ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between the Company and you.
b) Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
c) Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
d) Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
e) Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
f) To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with the Company.
g) Comply with a legal obligation.
h) Otherwise use your PI, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
2. Right to Know
You have the right to request that Company disclose the following to you as it relates to the 12-month period preceding the Company’s receipt of your verifiable consumer request (see below):
a) The categories of PI we have collected about you.
b) The categories of sources from which the PI was collected.
c) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling PI.
d) The categories of PI we disclosed or sold for a business purpose.
e) The categories of third parties we disclosed or sold PI to, by the category of PI.
f) The specific pieces of PI we collected about you.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. For example, we generally will not provide you a different level or quality of goods or services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
F. Submitting Consumer Rights Requests
To submit a California Consumer Rights request as outlined in this CA Addendum, please contact us at the contact information at the bottom of the Policy.
G. Verifiable Requests
We reserve the right to only respond to verifiable consumer requests. A verifiable consumer request is one made by any individual who is:
a) the consumer who is the subject of the request,
b) a consumer on behalf of the consumer’s minor child, or
c) by a natural person or person registered with the Secretary of State authorized to act on behalf of a consumer.
If we request, you must provide us with sufficient information to verify your identity and/or authority to act on behalf of a Consumer. In general, we may ask you to provide identifying information that we already maintain about you or we may use a third-party verification service. In either event, we will try to avoid asking you for sensitive PI to verify your identity. We may not be able to respond to your request or provide you with PI if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the PI relates to you. However, making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
Additionally, you will need to describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to review, understand, assess, and respond. We will not use the PI we collect from an individual to determine a verifiable request for any other purpose, except as required by law.
We reserve the right to charge a fee to process or respond to your request if it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that a request warrants a fee, we will attempt to notify you as to why we made that decision and provide a cost estimate before completing your request. We will attempt to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of receipt, but we may require up to ninety (90) days to respond, under which circumstances we will notify you of the need for an extension.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. To the extent permitted by the CCPA, we will respond to no more than two requests during any 12-month period.
H. Authorized Agents
You may authorize a natural person, or a business registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf with respect to the right under this CA Addendum. When you submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete, unless you have provided the authorized agent with a qualifying power of attorney, you must provide your authorized agent written permission (signed by you) to act on your behalf and verify the authorized agent’s identity with us. We reserve the right to deny requests from persons or businesses claiming to be authorized agents that do not submit sufficient proof of their authorization.
EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), please read the following:
This section incorporates the general provisions of the Policy, where applicable. If any provision in the Policy is inconsistent with this EEA section (“EEA Policy”), the terms of this EEA Policy shall apply to the processing of Personal Data subject to this EEA Policy. Terms used in this EEA Policy shall have the meaning ascribed to them by the applicable data protection law, including the definition of Personal Data.
For purposes of applicable data protection laws, we are the data controller of the personal data we collect through this Site. As data controller, we process your personal data in accordance with this EEA Policy. If you have any questions, you may contact us at the contact information at the bottom of the Policy.
We make every attempt to process your personal data in accordance with applicable law. In addition to the information provided above, individuals located in the European Economic Area should be aware of the following:
Rights. You may have certain additional rights, subject to limitations, regarding the processing of your personal information. These may include the right to:
• Access or request a copy of your personal data
• Correct any inaccuracies relating to your personal data
• Restrict the processing of your personal data
• Object to the processing of your personal data, including where the data is used for marketing purposes
• Request the erasure of your personal data
• Receive your personal data in a commonly-used machine readable format and have that data transmitted to a data controller of your choosing.
• Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where processing is based on consent
• Right not to be subject to automated decisions where the decision produces a legal effect or similarly significant effect
• Lodge a complaint with the appropriate authority in your jurisdiction.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us the contact information at the bottom of the Policy.
Legal Basis for processing. The following chart identifies the legal basis for processing personal data we collect from you. We may process your Personal Data for a variety of purposes as outlined in this EEA Policy. In general, we will process your personal data based on your consent, our legitimate interests, for performance of a contract with you or to meet legal obligations.
You may obtain information regarding how we assess our legitimate interests or opt out of our processing your personal data where our legitimate interest is not outweighed by your privacy rights by contacting us at the contact information at the bottom of the Policy.
Data elements Purpose for processing Legal basis for processing
Special categories of data
Marketing and Communications data
Marketing and analytics Performance of a contract
Legal or regulatory requirements
You are not required to provide any of this personal data; however, if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services, offers, and content on the Site.
We will process your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it and for further purposes only if we deem them compatible with that original purpose.
Retention. We retain your personal data only for the period of time needed to fulfill the purposes stated in this Policy, comply with applicable laws, and for our legitimate business needs.
International Transfers. When we share your personal data within our company or with our subsidiaries, we may transfer your data out of the EEA. We will make such transfers in compliance with any applicable laws. To obtain additional information on how we transfer your personal data, please contact us at the contact information at the bottom of the Policy.
Advanced Manufacturing Group
3612 Lafayette Road
Portsmouth, NH 03801
(603) 427 0636